Leading Pharmacy, Advancing Healthcare
Educate - Advocate - Empower - Engage
Oregon Pharmacy PBM Study
In early 2022, shortly after the Bi-Mart pharmacy closures, OSPA hired 3 Axis Advisors to review reimbursement trends between payers and retail pharmacies between 2019 and 2021. The primary request was to identify if there may be differential pricing in payment or spread pricing among Oregon Medicaid retail pharmacy networks, which could compromise the sustainability of some providers and/or create barriers to care to some Oregonians. We had over 80 pharmacies volunteer their data to participate in this monumental study.
What to do if a PBM is in violation of the law?
- Step 1- make an appeal to the PBM or contact them directly about the violation of the law.
- Step 2- escalate the appeal if you don’t get results. Give them written quotes or copies of the law. Get your PSAO (Pharmacy Services Administration Organization) involved if you have one. PBMs do want to be compliant if you can get to someone of responsibility.
- Step 3- file a complaint with the Department of Consumer and Business Services
Division of Financial Regulation : File a complaint : File a complaint or check a license : State of Oregon
- Contact OSPA for help or advise. We want to know what is happening and if complaints are being filed with DCBS.
Northwest Pharmacy Convention
Hosted by the Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Washington, and Oregon state pharmacy associations, the Northwest Pharmacy Convention is the premier annual meeting place for pharmacy communities from all over the Northwest. Pharmacists and other professionals will come from all practice settings, including hospital, ambulatory, clinical, and community. This one-of-a-kind event features exhibits, more than 40 continuing education sessions, and over 300 pharmacy professionals interested in seeing and learning about all that is new in the world of health care.
Pharmacy Student Scholarships
Attention OSU and Pacific University pharmacy students!
Scholarship funds are assessed and granted annually by the OSPA Board of Directors. OSPA is offering a total of four (4), $1,000 scholarships during the spring of 2023. Two (2) $1,000 scholarships will be distributed to students at each university.
- Point of Care Test & Treat National Certificate ProgramApr 14
- Northwest Pharmacy ConventionJun 1 - 4
- 2023 Annual ConventionSep 30 - Oct 1