General Vaccine Information
- Pharmacist’s Letter COVID-19 Resource Hub
- OHA Healthcare Partner Resources Page – has great information
- OHA Partner Toolkit: Helping Older Adults Get COVID-19 Vaccinations – The toolkit will be updated twice weekly updates with the most relevant information.
- CDC Health Care Provider Training and Educational Materials – Storage and handling toolkit, training module, and references
- CDC Free CE for Pharmacists – 12/15/20 Posted 0.25 hr training
- Making a strong recommendation for COVID-19 Vaccination
- Understanding mRNA Vaccines – The Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines are mRNA vaccines, that use a cell’s machinery to make the proteins that trigger our immune system. Read more to understand them.
- The Path to Issuing an EUA for COVID-19 Vaccines
- How will the safety of the vaccine be monitored?
- V-safe is a patient managed side effect tracking app and reminder recall program.
- VAERS will continue to be used for reporting adverse reactions. Furthermore, OAR 855-019-0280(5) requires that pharmacists report vaccine adverse events as required by the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS) and to the primary care provider as identified by the patient.
- What Technology Systems will be used or developed to support vaccine tracking, ordering, distribution and reporting?
- APhA’s Immunizations During COVID Page
General COVID-19 Vaccine Billing Resources
The State of Oregon now requires insurers to cover COVID-19 vaccinations – For the 2.2.21 OHA news release click here.
Vaccine Administration Charges
Providers are prohibited from charging any fees to any individual receiving a vaccine including any ‘voluntary’ fee. Providers may submit claims to public, commercial insurers and Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for uninsured individuals. Medicaid reimburses providers at the rate of 100% of Medicare for vaccine administration which is approximately $17 for the first administration and $28 for the second dose.
- Information on Medicaid billing can be found here: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/HSD/OHP/Pages/COVID-19.aspx.
- Information on Medicare billing is available here: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/covid-19/medicare-covid-19-vaccine-shot-payment
- For reimbursement from HRSA for the uninsured, please visit HRSA’s COVID-19 Claims Reimbursement to Health Care Providers and Facilities for Testing, Treatment, and Vaccine Administration for the Uninsured for more information including claim submission.
- CMS Medicare Payment
- AMA Guide includes CPT codes, and admin codes
- NCPA Overview Guide including great tips for enrolling to bill as a providers
- Vaccinating Pregnant and Breastfeeding Women – ACOG Guidance for vaccinating
Making Changes to COVID Enrollment Information
After approving COVID-19 provider enrollment forms, OHA has been asked by providers if they can make changes to the information that was already submitted. That is now possible for certain things, not including key staff or signatures.
|To update information such as storage capacity, revisit your pandemic provider application and update the Storage & Handling section.
1. Go to the link above 2. Enter your AL# 3. Click on the ‘Modify Enrollment’ link at the bottom, right corner of the page. 4. Click the ‘Forward’ button at the top, right corner of the page until you get to the Storage & Handling part of the application. Make any necessary changes. 5. Click ‘Save and Exit.
Report COVID Vaccine Billing Issues Here
With many new aspects to billing for the COVID vaccine at play, NCPA has developed a new tool for pharmacies to report issues they may encounter with either medical benefit or prescription benefit claims. These reports will be monitored and aggregated to identify systematic issues being faced by pharmacies across the country as they serve their patients and communities. NCPA appreciates the input and collaboration from APhA and state pharmacy associations on this effort. https://form.jotform.com/210184529648057
COVID-19 Billing Guidance Article from PAAS
Additional Pfizer and Moderna Vaccine Resources
Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Resources
- CDC What Clinicians Need to Know About Pfizer-BioNTech Slide Presentation
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Letter of Authorization
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Vaccine Fact Sheet for Health Care Providers
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Patients Must be given to every patient
- FDA Briefing Document for Pfizer Vaccine
Moderna Vaccine Resources